I show you how to save money without sacrificing what you enjoy, budget for the future without feeling restricted, develop healthier financial habits that set you up for success, and use financial resources to help you meet your goals.
What would you do if you quit your job now? I used to daydream that I could travel for months at a time if I retired early. But, honestly, that would tire me out after a while. I could volunteer, but that wouldn’t take much time at all. What would I do with the rest of the day? Well, I actually think I would be bored out of my mind without a job.
However, just because I would be bored without working, that doesn’t mean I want to work at a job I don’t enjoy. Early retirement means reaching financial independence, and knowing that you could quit working today if you wanted to, but continuing at a job that makes you happy. It means having the ability to choose what kind of work you want to do and when you want to do it.
Imagine what kind of life that would look like.
Leaving a job you hate would mean:
– No more office politics.
– No more performance reviews.
– No more racist supervisors. (Yes, I really had one!)
– No more dreading the day ahead of you when your alarm goes off.
Reaching financial independence would mean:
– Working in a field you love, even if you don’t earn as much as your old job.
– Taking off for a vacation or mini-getaway at a moment’s notice.
– Feeling financially secure enough that you no longer worry about a paycheck.
– Taking back those 8-15+ hours a day that you used to spend working, and using them however you want.
I am a little obsessed with reaching financial independence. Mr. STS works about 70 hours a week. We save a big portion of our income in order to “retire early”. We are very fortunate that Mr. STS loves his job. For us, retiring early would probably mean Mr. STS cutting back his hours at work.
What does early retirement/financial independence mean to you?
What would you do once you reached financial independence?
By empowering women to understand their finances, I free them from uncertainty, stress, and fear. My clients go from scared to savvy — transforming into the confident Chief Financial Officer for their family. You can do the same! Get out of debt, save for the future, and splurge on what you want.