I show you how to save money without sacrificing what you enjoy, budget for the future without feeling restricted, develop healthier financial habits that set you up for success, and use financial resources to help you meet your goals.
There are cleansers made specifically for cleaning your makeup brushes, but I would rather not spend $15 on it. I have been washing my brushes with baby shampoo for years and it works perfectly. Keep reading for step-by-step instructions on how to clean makeup brushes!
1. Run your brushes under warm water.
2. Depending on the size of the brush you want to clean, pour a decent-sized amount onto the back of your hand (make sure your hands are clean!).
3. Gently rub your brush into the shampoo and watch it lather up. You will see the color from your brush start to wash out.
4. Rinse the brush under warm water until you get all the shampoo out.
5. Gently squeeze the excess water from the brush. Don’t rub the bristles together.
6. Lay your brushes flat on a paper towel to dry.
7. Repeat the process if your brush needs more washing. I usually need to do this for my eyeliner brush and brushes that were used to apply dark colors.
If you use a sponge, like the Beauty Blender, baby shampoo will work for that, too! I clean my Blender with shampoo before every use. My brushes, on the other hand, could use more frequent cleansing!
Look at this before photo of my blush brush!
By empowering women to understand their finances, I free them from uncertainty, stress, and fear. My clients go from scared to savvy — transforming into the confident Chief Financial Officer for their family. You can do the same! Get out of debt, save for the future, and splurge on what you want.